Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

So I had this conversation.....

I had this conversation today.  With a crustacean.  A shrimp to be exact.  Tonight's dinner was planned to be Creamy Shrimp Linguine.  Therefore after bouncing our way through a 4 year old birthday party - literally - we stopped by the grocery store for the shrimp.  Walked up to the produce department ready to order.  Now let me first tell you, walking up and being decisive on WHAT and how MUCH to buy from the butcher and seafood department previously intimidated me.  They were never mean, always very helpful and friendly but it was venturing into the unknown.  What kind of cuts or seafood to buy???  Thanks to Big Guy, I'm much more comfortable with the entire process.  So I quickly found my way to the produce department. We were rushing from point D to E at this part of our day!  I knew I needed a pound a shrimp.  Ready to order but WAIT - those little shrimps are product of Thailand.  For various reasons, we went do not knowingly purchase seafood from the waters of Asia.  Quick look right and there were shrimp, wild caught, and product of the USA.  And they were priced right!
I bought a pound and went about the rest of our activities.  When I began to prep dinner, I had the conversation that went a bit like this....

"Hey little shrimpie."
No comment from the shrimp
"You're a quiet guy"
Waited for a response.
No response......
So as the Queen of Hearts said......
Off with his head!

Sorry if you don't care for seafood.... My apologies!
Once the shrimp was cleaned, I tossed a little Olive Oil and a couple Tablespoons of butter into a pan.  Heated on Medium heat.  Added some minced garlic.  Tossed in the shrimp.  Cooked on one side about 1-2 minutes.  Flipped them to cook on other side for about 2 minutes.  Shrimp is done!

I followed the rest of the recipe for the Creamy Shrimp Linguine, except I used half and half versus whipping cream as that was what I had in the fridge.
AWESOME dinner!  This is definitely a keeper.  Took longer for the pasta to cook than anything else. Great taste and very quick!  Got to love that!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...looks delicious! My favorite is coconut shrimp :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to share an easy recipe. The one and only time I made it, it was eh, OK, nothing to write home about.

    ReplyDelete