This pie was thick and creamy, more than a normal pumpkin pie. I'm now wanting a piece of it just thinking about it!
An original recipe prepared specifically for the North Carolina SweetPotato Commission by Marianne Langan.
- 2 1/4 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup packaged french vanilla instant pudding
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and beat at medium speed until well blended. Spread evenly into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 450°F (230°C) for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350°F (175°C) and bake for 40 minutes longer or until set. Cool on wire rack.
- If desired, garnish with whipped cream, raspberries and mint leaves.