Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

It was one of those meals.....

Photo from Taste of Home
Tonight's dinner sounded wonderful - at least on paper.  It was one of those meals that invoked thoughts of comfort food - Beef and Mushroom Roll with Gravy, Mashed Potatoes (change from the menu, didn't purchase sweet potatoes today), Peas and Carrots, and salad.  It even looked pretty.  But it did not WOW me like I was expecting it to do so.  The breading that encased the mushroom gravy beef mixture was eh, so-so.  As the Big Guy stated, it was a poor man's version of Beef Wellington.  (I made that once, a lot of fuss and trouble over a meal that was also "ok".)  This recipe was one I had plucked from a large assortment of Taste of Home my Mother had saved for me to flip through.  So I now have one less recipe in my stack of plenty.

1 comment: