Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins Kid Style

This is a beloved recipe in my home.  Not only do the kids get huge grins on their faces when they see these muffins in the oven, so do their friends that sleep over.  And nothing makes me happier than happy children (well, technically the Big Guy being happy comes first but that's just too wordy!).
My children are monkeys.  Just without the tails.  They LOVE bananas. LOVE them.  They get excited when we BUY the bananas in the store.  And seeing them on the counter.  Just with the two boys, we easily inhale two large bunches of bananas weekly.  So we are constantly buying bananas.  This morning, I looked in our fruit bowl and on top were 2 very ripe bananas.  Perfect reason to make Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins!  And as we had the window installers working in bedrooms, replacing our windows with much warmer, nicer, super insulated, make life easier on me windows, I needed something to occupy the boys' time.  So they helped to prepare the batter.  The highlight was smashing the bananas.  I mean, they are little boys, the love to smash anything they can.  It's just better when Mom asks them to do so!



I used 3 1/2 bananas for this batch.  Lowered the sugar to 1/2 a cup.
Hope you bake them soon!

3 comments: