Recipe from fitfoodista.com - go check out her blog!
Chicken Barley Soup
- 1 recipe chicken stock
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 large ribs celery sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 large button mushrooms, finely diced
- 2 cups quick cooking barley
- Salt, pepper, and dried thyme to taste
- Place chicken pieces into warm broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add carrots, celery, and mushrooms. Simmer for ten minutes.
- Add barley. Stir and simmer for fifteen more minutes.
- Correct seasoning if necessary with salt, pepper, and dried thyme.