Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

Acorn Squash - oh so beautiful! Autumn Foods Day 8

I love pumpkins and squashes.  Honestly, I just think they are so beautiful!  If they weren't seasonal, I probably would decorate my kitchen with them.  I love the orange, the gold, the green.   And the shapes of each of the pumpkins and squashes are so eye appealing!
But suprisingly, I have only ate a handful of recipes that utilized these wonderful foods.  So as I have looked for recipe ideas for the 30 Days of Autumn Foods, it has been an education for me of the ideas that are available.  And all the good foods - I have been amazed at the choices!
This one is no exception!  Roasted acorn squash with cranberries, almonds, onion, apple, and quinoa - how much more Autumn can one get!  I am adding this to our menu for next week!  Looks so beautiful and full of healthy flavor!  Hope you will try this Acorn Squash Stuffed with Harvest Quinoa Salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment