Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

Yummy Food Gifts - Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Crackers

Sounds so simple - Peanut Butter spread on Ritz crackers, dipped in white or milk chocolate!  YUM! This is when I fell in love with Peanut Butter.  I grew up disliking peanut butter. I know, a kid who doesn't like peanut butter, crazy!  And I'm not allergic.  For some reason, I just didn't like the taste.  Now I could eat it for a meal!  White chocolate - I know it's not truly a chocolate, but it would be tops on my "chocolate" list!  The two together makes heaven!
This is a very easy recipe to make for goodie bags or snacks for parties.
What's needed:
waxed paper
Ritz crackers (the classic kind, not flavored.  Store brand is fine)
Creamy peanut butter
White chocolate chips or Almond Bark
Milk Chocolate chips or block of chocolate

Spread about a tablespoon of peanut butter between two crackers.  It's best to prep these crackers before melting chocolate.  I choose to melt my chocolate in the microwave.You can also melt chocolate the traditional way with a double boiler.  Super easy in the microwave, just needs a watchful eye.  Put chocolate in micro-safe bowl.  Melt chocolate at 30 second intervals stirring in between times. If chocolate - especially the Almond Bark - needs to be a bit thinner, add just a tablespoon of vegetable oil and stir well.
Dip prepped crackers into the chocolate once melted.  I find it easy to take the crackers out with a fork.  This also allows the excess chocolate to drip off.  Place covered crackers on waxed paper.  Let cool and set for several hours.  For a bit of color, you can sprinkle color sugar crystals or candy sprinkles (the kind you find for cakes/cupcakes).

1 comment:

  1. :) You are not alone. I did not like PB either as a child, but Mama made these and Christmas time, so I usually had one or two. Now a tradition with my boys (they eat a few more than I did)! :)

    ReplyDelete