Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

A New Twist to an Old Favorite - White Mac and Cheese with Ham and Spinach

Grown up comfort food, with a complete meal in one dish!  What could be better than that?  Other than someone to run my errands for me all over town and clean the kitchen - I'll cook, just need a cleaner!  Last night's dinner of White Macaroni and Cheese with Ham and Spinach was perfect!  Quick to prep, baked for 35 min, and satisfied everyone! 
I started with the lowfat Mac and Cheese recipe from Skinnytaste.com.  The lowfat cheese I had on hand was an Italian blend so I used it versus Cheddar.  Also, as this was our meal - and the Big Guy likes meat! - I add chopped Smithfield ham.  Topped with Italian Bread crumbs and baked in the oven!  It was fabulous!  Two thumbs WAY up!
Lack of pictures is for two reasons - rush on dinner last night due to evening activities and the little leftover was my lunch!  Camera was not handy before I inhaled my lunch while chatting with the most adorable 5 month old!  But here's a bonus shot of my lunch buddy today

1 comment: