Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Amazing Pork Tenderloin in the Slow Cooker!

I switched up the menu of tonight to another night's dinner to make it more convenient to make two copies of my dinner.  Why would I need to two of a meal?  To give a fellow mom a night off from cooking so she and her husband can enjoy their brand spanking new addition to their family.  Having a newborn is tiring - just ask any mom or dad, but add a newborn with a very active 2 year old, even more tiring!  When our children were born, friends, family and neighbors gave meal assistance that was greatly appreciated!  It's nice to be able to pass that along to others!
Speaking of being busy with kids, due to my lack of planning last night prior to bed, I remembered at 5 AM that I had not taken the Pork Tenderloins out of the freezer downstairs in our basement.  At 5 AM this morning, I had already been awaken several times and was falling asleep sitting up on the couch with the 5 month old.  Walking downstairs was last on my list at that hour!  So I didn't pull the pork out to defrost until the morning hours.  Thus, my plan of cooking in the crock pot went out the window.  But that was no problem as the heat from the oven was welcomed today.  Did I mention how frigid cold it has been lately???? 
This Amazing Pork Tenderloin was so easy to cook!  White wine, onion soup mix, a bit of soy sauce, water, and garlic - mix all together.  Poured over pork tenderloin - mine was 3 lbs of meat.  Cooked at 325 degrees for about 50 minutes.  It was so tasty!  And I made a gravy out of the juice from the cooked meat.  It was beyond yummy!  Full of flavor!  Great flavors that just needed simple sides - steamed broccoli, cooked white rice, and salads.  Definitely a keeper in the recipe box!

No comments:

Post a Comment