Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Snowman Soup!

Surprisingly, we have had snow 3 - yes, Three! - times already in North Carolina!  I love it!  We were enjoying a family Christmas luncheon when we looked out and huge fluffy white flakes were falling from the sky!  How picturesque!
With all of this snow, making mixes called "Snowman Soup" seems quite appropriate!  I first made the Hot Cocoa Mix from Southern Plate provided.  So easy it's ridiculous!  Very budget friendly homemade gift!  I made 8 jars of Hot Cocoa Mix for presents and over 10 Snowman Soup gifts. 18 gifts for less than $10!  For some gifts, I scooped 1/3 of cup into Ziploc sandwich bags.  Added 10 marshmallows, a candy cane, 2 Hershey Kisses and a cute little poem.  All together it made Snowman Soup!
Of course, Teen had to test out both the Cocoa mix and Snowman Soup - two nights in a row!  It is Teen approved!

2 comments:

  1. You are so creative! I am going to learn from you and try to do some homemade gifts next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you! Next year, I'll ask the boys to help a bit more.

    ReplyDelete