Search This Blog

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Another yummy treat idea! Cake Balls

Cake Balls courtesy of Buy Me Cake
The first time I tasted cake balls, I swear I had a taste of heaven!  It was a chocolate cake ball - imagine fudge, brownie, and chocolate all mixed in a single bite!   There's nothing like them!  I just picked up two dozen cake balls to take to a party from a friend who makes incredible cakes with intricate designs.   Don't count how many balls are in there picture - I can already tell you, 24 are not making it to the party.  Big Guy and Teen laid claim to a few, and Teen saved a few also for her and her friend this evening.
I keep thinking I am going to make cake balls and give them in the treat bags I add to gifts.  For some crazy reason, I have yet to do them though!  But this recipe from Bakerella just might inspire me to do some baking this weekend (especially with our wonderful snow falling!!!)  If you are a fan of Red Velvet Cake, these Red Velvet Cake Balls would be fabulous to receive.
And for chocolate fans, check out this recipe for Moist Chocolate Cake Balls.  All have the same basic concept - bake a cake, crumble it up, add frosting, dip in chocolate.  Sounds sinful right?  Just think of the variations you can make - carrot cake, cream cheese frosting dipped in white chocolate.  Chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, white chocolate dip with a hint of peppermint.  German chocolate cake, coconut icing dipped in chocolate.  Yellow cake, cream cheese frosting dipped in white chocolate.  Oh, the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment