Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mommmmmmm, I'm hungry!

Actually the boys say - MOM, I want a snack!  First thing out of their cute little mouths.  Even before Good Morning, Even before I love you.  So breakfast for them needs to be quick.  Or at least have some fruit on hand to cut up.  Bananas and Strawberries seem to satisfy their little tummys for a few moments while I can get a cup of java and prop my eyelids open!  I have started taking the 3 extra minutes at night it takes to program the coffee pot so it's already brewed when my feet hit the floor.  I'm getting smarter in my old age!
So back to breakfast, What do you have?  I wake with a sweet tooth - not a good way to start the day.  Then I want sweets all day long.  So while I feed the kids pancakes, I have started have either a scrambled egg with canadian bacon chopped in it or whole wheat toast with creamy Laughing Cow cheese spread on it.
So what did you have for breakfast this morning?  What's your FAVORITE breakfast?  If calories didn't add up, I would love sausage gravy biscuits in the morning!  But they do, so I don't.....

1 comment:

  1. This morning I had a pumpkin muffin that I made from a mix I picked up over the weekend at Trader Joe's. Super easy to make and very tasty.

    I'm with you, Emily, there's nothing better than sausage gravy and biscuits, but I would also like to see 40, so I've steered clear of those for a few years. I really like poached eggs on toast or Eggs Benedict.

    ReplyDelete