Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Chocolate Covered BACON!!!

Fair Food.  Walking down the midway smelling turkey legs on the grill, sausages, peppers and onion, fries, cheeseburgers, kettle corn (I could just swim in it!), gyros, funnel cakes - all are the norm in the way of fair food.  Today we went to the NC State Fair.  Fabulous day.  I love my state and all that it gives us.  And the vendors with the food - oh my!  Even walking through the Midway on a full stomach, the aromas hitting my nose were intoxicating.  And then we spied it FRIED OREOS! 
And fried snickers, and fried ho ho's, and fried twinkies, and is an artery already clogged yet????? 

Seriously, I'm a country gal and love some fried food but man oh man, I was unsure of all of those goodies.  Then we spied chocolate covered bananas, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate dipped cheesecake and THEN....... for $3.50 - CHOCOLATE COVERED BACON!
 I believe I have seen it all now.  The under 16 crowd that was with me was not so impressed but Sweet and Salty, might not be a bad mix. 
I will admit, we did not sample any of the above items.  We ended up having the most affordable lunch of Chick Fil A nuggets and fries from the Civitan Group.  But I know I will be thinking fondly of fried oreos for the next year......

No comments:

Post a Comment