Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta was the perfect side to the Herbed "Baked" Fish. This was one of those weeks when I didn't make it to the grocery and stock all the sides I was planning. Thus it was "look in the pantry" time! Whole wheat Penne Pasta was in the pantry - worked perfectly! After cooking the pasta, this dish whipped up together in less than 10 minutes. Very delicious - so much so the two year old ate spoonful after spoonful of it! Big Guy even had an early bite prior to dinner and commented how yummy it was!
So to make Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta:(adapted from Food.com)
(this recipe makes for 6-8 servings - for us, I halved it for a side)
- 1 (1 lb) box penne or 1 (1 lb) box penne rigate, cooked as directed, drained and kept hot
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup or 3/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Melt Butter and Garlic in a Sauce Pan.
Add sauce to the pasta and toss!