The only deviation I did was created my own crust - smash graham cracker crumbs in a Ziploc baggie, add some sugar (about 1 tbs) and melted butter (about 5-6 tbs). I also used an off brand of sour cream and cream cheese. I also cooked with a pan filled with water to prevent the cheesecake from cracking. Enjoy!
What You Need
- 1 cup HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 package (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups BREAKSTONE'S Sour Cream
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Mix crumbs, 3 tablespoons of the sugar and butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. BAKE 10 minutes.
- BEAT cream cheese, ¾ cup sugar, lemon zest, juice and ½ teaspoon of the vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
- BAKE 55 minutes to 1 hour or until center is almost set. Mix sour cream, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla until well blended; carefully spread over cheesecake. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
- Special Extra: The irresistible flavor of fresh strawberries makes a great garnish for this creamy cheesecake. Just slice the strawberries and arrange decoratively on top of chilled cheesecake just before serving.
- TIP: To Soften Cream Cheese, place completely unwrapped packages of cream cheese on microwavable plate. Microwave on HIGH 15 to 20 seconds or until slightly softened.